Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bounty Hunters and Mercenaries

As part of my requirements into the nursing program, I had a list of things to accomplish before I could be accepted. I had a drug test, lots of immunizations, a t.b. skin test, and two background checks. One check had to be completed at the F.B.I. Headquarters and required me to go to the Bureau of Criminal Investigations for finger-printing first.

While at the B.C.I., Erika and I stood in line waiting for our turn to pay at the booth then called back to be fingerprinted.

This was also the place you had to go to apply for a concealed weapons permit and anything to do with criminal investigations. It was a very interesting place.

In one corner was a man in faded out jeans, very worn-in boots covered with mud, an old button down shirt and a rugged felt cowboy hat that had the ring of sweat around the brim. His skin was sun scorched, his face was wrinkled. He looked like he just set foot out of a real western movie. He was leaning up against the wall with the back of his heel perched up on the wall too.

Sitting just a few chairs to his left was a man that I am very confident and sure is a mercenary of some kind. He was very shady. He had a scowl on his face and his brow was permanently furrowed.

A rather large man sat just across from him. He had bleached blond matted looking hair in a mullet-style hair cut. He had a tee shirt that he had cut the sleeves off himself, kind of like the kind Cooter wore on the Dukes of Hazard. I swear it was Dog the Bounty Hunter.

After three days of dragging poor Erika around completing tasks for nursing school, she was very quiet. She sat in each waiting room so patiently and without complaint. However, this time she was very observant.

"Mom" she said wryly as she shook her head in disapproval. "I don't think some of these people will make very good nurses." she contorted.

"I think you are right Erika." I replied. "Indeed you are right..."


Now, people...you know I am reeling you in and getting you comfortable before I start talking about the stuff that is really going to freak you out! Mwahahahahahah...




.

1 comment: