Thursday, January 29, 2009

Chocolat

Those of you who know me personally know that I L O V E anything of the cacao origin. It is the nectar of the gods and came straight from heaven. I have decided to to pass along this information to you in hopes that you will find as much pleasure in desserts as I have.


And since my motto is, "The fatter the people are around me, the skinnier I appear", I have decided to share with you a secret which up until this point has not been revealed.


The secret is that I happen to know all of the greatest desserts in town and I am going to share them with you.


But first, this reminds me of a story...


When I was in high school, my dad and I went shopping at the mall. The man can out-shop any woman I know! We took a much-needed break and decided to get a treat at Mrs. Fields. I got the walnut chocolate chip brownie. I also inherited my love is sweet things from my dad also.


We sat down at the small bistro style table just next to the store to enjoy our little treats. I was about the insert the first bite of my delicious brownie into my open mouth when my dad said, "Honey, are you actually going to eat that brownie, or are you going to just smash it on the sides of your hips?" (Don't you worry; I get even)


I ate the brownie and decided to wear it proudly. As I have worn many other delicious desserts around town. Here they are rated accordingly:



10. Carmel Apple dessert at Biaggi's at the Gateway-and I don't typically like apple desserts

9. Chocolate Gelato at the Olive Garden -very light and nice

8. Carrot Cake at Market Street on the East side

7. Macaroni Grill chocolate cake (tastes very homemade)

6. Molten Chocolate Cake at Chili's

5. Tuxedo cheesecake (more like fudge cake) at Cheesecake Factory

4. The Great Wall of Chocolate at P.F. Changs

3. Godiva Chocolate Brownie sundae at Cheesecake Factory

2. Black Out Cake at Cheesecake Factory (what can I say? They get what desserts are about)

1....The huge Banana Split at Leatherbys with their homemade ice cream! Clearly half the size of my five year old child.


Maybe next week, we'll talk Mexican food.......

2 comments:

  1. I remember you telling me that story about your Dad. It also explains why you liked to hang out with me! Hmmmmm, very interesting! Love the posts. You are a wonderful writer and I need the laughs, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! Is Erika going to eat the ice cream or is the ICE CREAM going to eat HER!? lol!!!!!
    I have a blog, I haven't updated since august, but maybe I will and then send you the link.

    ReplyDelete