Friday, January 23, 2009

Fish Tales

I was lying on the couch today with my face in the sun resting. My eyes were closed, I was enjoying the quiet afternoon when out of nowhere, there was a strange and terrible stench. I opened my eyes to see my daughter hovering over my shoulder, her mouth right next to my nose with the most terrible smelling breath ever!

"Erika, what have you been eating?"

"Well..." says Erika, "I decided to share a can of tuna with the cats".

I despise tuna and never buy it the stuff. I was sure there was no tuna in the pantry.

"Honey, we don't have any tuna." I said

"Yes we do. I found some in the pantry." she replied.

I thought for a second and then my heart broke as I realized the only thing in the cupboard that resembled tuna was a can of wet turkey giblet and fish cat food.

"Oh my gosh!" I said, "Was it good?"


"It was yummy!" she said and then she skipped off into the family room.

No comments:

Post a Comment