Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tally Me Banana

We just got Tye a new bed. I decided to sell the bunk beds so I listed them in the local paper. A young mom came with two small kids to buy them. She brought her father to help carry them out and load them up.


We took off the top bunk and in unison, three voices gasped aloud! Behind the top bunk was something that looked like the biggest booger the world had ever seen!


As I zoomed in to get a closer look, I recognized by the texture that it was in fact, a banana. Some of the horror went away, but only a little bit.


A very old banana, sans peel that had begun to petrify after its slow descent down my wall. It was outlined by a slight oil stain pressed into the pretty powder blue paint to which it clung.


I was horrified but I tried to laugh it off.


As soon as the young mother left with the bunk beds, I called Tye and Erika up to the bedroom to show them the banana.


"Eywwww thick!" Erika said with a crinkled nose.


Tye just stood there with his mouth open, "I think I remember eating a banana one time in my bed. A long time ago...cause I haven't liked bananas for at least a couple of years."


Yep, Tye, that would be the one!


"Well, you should thee the bananath in my room!" Erika proclaimed.


"What?" I asked. "Why are there bananas in your room Erika?"


I followed Erika to her bedroom where in the corner of her room stood a giant Barbie castle that had been there for at least a couple years. It was too awkward to take down and store so we just left up and vacuumed around it.


She lifted up the corner of the castle ever so slowly to reveal just the edge of a black, shriveled peel of a banana. I took over and tried to pry the castle from the carpet but the banana had changed texture and turned into something that had resembled fruit leather. It was matted into the carpet and on the side where the castle was; shiny and smooth. It had totally morphed into something unlike a banana at all!


I fumed. Then, finally got a pair of scissors and began clipping the fruit-leather-like banana away from the carpet, one twisted carpet piece at at time.


"Is there anything else I should know about as long as I am up here cleaning this?"


To which Tye replied, "You'll be fine as long as you don't look under Erika's bed!" (The findings under the bed could be another blog...)


I have since declared the premises to be a non-banana establishment and...the inmates had to do extra chores.


...daylight come and I wanna go home.


6.5 inches in length

2 comments:

  1. You really weren't exaggerating, were you? Please tell me this stuff doesn't start happening until they are at least 3 - I'm not ready for it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited I found your blog! I am looking forward to reading even more funny posts and I've already added you to my blog list!

    Liz Oates

    ReplyDelete