Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dear God, It's Me Amy

The other day we were driving in the car, just the kids and I. We like to have longs talks in the car. Sometimes they are philosophical, sometimes funny, sometimes sad. But all are sure very entertaining.

We were talking about our bodies. This is always a fun topic of conversation with kids. Erika wanted to know how she and Tye were made inside my stomach. I avoiding the whole talk about procreation and just went right to the gestational part of it.

"That is thoe cute that I uthed to be a little egg!" Erika said in her little lisp.
"Do I have little egg daughters inside me now too?"

We talked about the placenta and blood and oxygen supply and cutting the cord when the baby is born so it can breath.

Erika asked where I got my training so my body would know how to do all of that stuff since it sounded so hard. I explained to her that our bodies just know what to do. We don't have to tell them. Our heart knows what to do, our stomach knows what to do, our brain does, everything! And when it is making a baby, it just knows because that is how God made our bodies.

Tye said, "Wow, mom. If God knew how to make all of that and make the earth and make everything in it, it's like he is the most amazing scientist ever!"

To which Erika replied, "He's not a scientist dummy, he's the artist of people!"

"Shut up Erika!" said Tye


Interesting, I thought...both very true indeed.

Speaking of God...

The other day we were talking about churches and all different kinds of churches. I explained how they are the House of the Lord. Of course I was referring to their holiness.

Erika's response: "I can't believe that God has been living just right down the street from us all this time and I have not even seen him ONE time!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, AMY! I love your blog! You are such a funny writer, and I can just hear your voice as I read these posts. I DO feel badly for you having to through up in your mouth when you found out you had acne, but since you never had it in your teens, I have to admit I am not THAT sorry for you. Of course, you are so beautiful! Seriously, are you like the new "Benjamin Button" movie, and you age backwards? I am going to put the link to your blog on my blog, OK? www.morganfamily5.blogspot.com. if you are interested. Hope you are doing well! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe, Amy, you should be a freelance writer. Im SERIOUS!
    And the things that come out of erikas mouth sometimes just crack me up!

    ReplyDelete